Dairy, poultry, pig farms and any suburban and urban localities where flies exist.
How does this programme work?
- Parasitoides are reared in an insectary for releasing, and are available in packs of 5000.
- These parasitoides will be released on certain "hot-spots" on a regular basis.
- This forms part of an integrated pest management programme, therefore adult flies must be controlled.
- No chemicals except larvacides containing Cyromazine will be allowed near parasitoides.
- Release parasitoides in safe places with protection against birds, cattle thoroughfare and chemical sprays.
NB. It must be taken into account that this is a seasonal programme and success can only be obtained with dedication. However, after 40 years of successful releases in the USA, Canada and other countries worldwide, this is the only way to go!